The Golden Visa Program is a popular investment scheme for non-EU citizens. It gives the opportunity to become a permanent resident or a citizen of Portugal. The program has been running since October 2012. It has proved to be a great success, raising over €6 billion since then.
According to a report provided by Portugal News, in November this year, the investments through the country’s Golden Visa scheme reached 65.5 million, a 40 per cent increase compared to November 2021 data.
Why the Golden Visa Program is so attractive:
- Portuguese Golden Visa provides affordable investment options for you to choose from in obtaining your residence permit. You can qualify for residency by investing €280,000 which is one of the lowest investment thresholds in Europe.
- You don’t have to move to Portugal to keep your residence permit. You are only required to spend a minimum of seven days in Portugal per year.
- As the main applicant, you may extend your Portuguese Golden Visa to your family members. The application process is the same for the main applicant and the dependents.
- Portugal Golden Visa Program gives you visa-free access to the Schengen states.The Golden Visa permit registers you in the Schengen Area central system. So, you can freely travel within Europe without an additional visa.
- You can become a Portuguese citizen within five to six years. This is one of the quickest in Europe. The Portuguese passport allows you to live, work, study anywhere within the European Union.
The main beneficiaries of Portugal’s Golden Visa scheme last month were citizens of the United States ,United Kingdom citizens, China, Brazil and South Africa.
The Golden Visa scheme of Portugal is among the most famous schemes of this kind in European countries. Portugal is a safe, secure, affordable country with a high quality of life, solid infrastructure, superb climate, and good health and education systems.
Our company offers properties eligible for the Golden Visa program. If you need more information, contact us here . We’ll give you a free consultation.